During my last coaching intensive, my coach, Rich Litvin gave us (10 other amazing coaches and I) a test. It comes from the book Rookie Smarts: Why learning beats Knowing in the New Game of Work by Liz Wiseman.
Count how many of these signs do you tick:
- Things are running smoothly.
- You are consistently getting positive feedback.
- Your brain doesn’t have to work hard to be successful.
- You don’t prepare for meetings because you already know the answers.
- You’ve stopped learning something new every day.
- You are busy but bored.
- You’re taking longer showers in the morning and you take your time getting to work.
- It makes you tired to think you could be doing the same job a year from now.
- You’ve become increasingly negative and can’t identify why.
- You’re spending a lot of time trying to fix other people’s problems.
So, how many did you tick?
Let me know and I will tell you the results of the test.